The mission of MI-RPD is to promote a culture of dialogue in Africa, based on the fight against all forms of violence and practices that neither law nor morality can defend (a society governed by dialogue).
MI-RPD Vision: Building and Living a Community Free from All Forms of Violence
- Contribute to conflict prevention and promote the development of a peaceful and prosperous region
- Consolidation of women and youth for participation in the MI-RPD program
- Bridging the gender gap in arms control and civil disarmament
- Promote education on the values and principles of active nonviolence as transformative approaches to situations of structural violence.
- Promote legal, medical and psychosocial assistance to survivors and victims of all forms of armed violence and to refugees
- Strengthen the technical, organizational and operational capacities of actors working in the field of peace building and in the development of the security sector.
- Lobby and advocate, advise, guide and improve the standard of living of urban refugees.
- Actively participate in the actions of States and Parliaments in the implementation of their commitments to the United Nations Program, the Nairobi Declaration and Protocol on SALW, the Kinshasa
- Convention, UNSCR 1325 and the Treaty on arms trade
MI-RPD is an apolitical, non-profit organization. However, it can provide an opinion and make a contribution on issues of general interest to the Great Lakes region, the Horn of Africa and neighboring countries, the continent and the whole world.
Mechanism of Search for Peace and Development Initiative (MI-RPD) is a regional movement for peace and security composed of experts, researchers and non-state actors. We operate in the field of peace building, security and gun violence prevention through actions aimed at combating the proliferation of Small Arms and light weapons.
Our objective is to eradicate violence emanating from those weapons and their consequences, to combat the illicit traffic in arms, to induce the owners of illicit weapons to voluntarily surrender them and to jugulate the violence caused by the misuse of legally held weapons.
The MI-RPD has a series of values that we put forward in our daily activities:
Countries Of Operations
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- South Sudan